I’ve messaged some of you who list yourselves as in Columbus today about meeting up. Under encouragement of the Ohio Objectivist Society (OOS) leadership, I’ve reserved a room at the Columbus Metropolitan Library - Main Library for the afternoon of Sunday, April 26. We can adjust future dates according to different interested participants’ schedules. In true Buckeye fashion, I reserved starting on the half-hour from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. A message about this will also go out through the OOS mailing list. I think the first meeting should be to get to know one another and decide what should we do. OOS suggested a review of the important points in Galt’s speech or Francisco’s speech as a starting point for conversation. Please comment!
In summary:
Sunday, April 26, 2009
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Columbus Metropolitan Library - Main Library Conference Room 1
96 S Grant St
Columbus, OH 43215
I’ve messaged some of you who list yourselves as in Columbus today about meeting up. Under encouragement of the Ohio Objectivist Society (OOS) leadership, I’ve reserved a room at the Columbus Metropolitan Library - Main Library for the afternoon of Sunday, April 26. We can adjust future dates according to different interested participants’ schedules. In true Buckeye fashion, I reserved starting on the half-hour from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. A message about this will also go out through the OOS mailing list. I think the first meeting should be to get to know one another and decide what should we do. OOS suggested a review of the important points in Galt’s speech or Francisco’s speech as a starting point for conversation. Please comment!
In summary:
Sunday, April 26, 2009
1:30pm - 4:30pm
Columbus Metropolitan Library - Main Library Conference Room 1
96 S Grant St
Columbus, OH 43215
I propose you have a set list of discussion points relating to current economic and political issues. I really doubt that having a discussion of those two suggested topics will move forward any kind of meaningful cognitive progression. I also plan to be in attendance.
Patrick: That’s great! Are you on Facebook? If so, please join the OOS group, so you can be updated on future meetups and other events. You can also check the Events section of the OOS website.
There is also our public Google Calendar with which you can interact.
I’ll be there; I’d suggest we focus on fundamental philosophical issues. I guess it might be a bit early to be getting real focused on discussion points. Maybe a good starting point would be finding specific common interests.
I plan on attending as well. Since Brian is attending I take it he will be leading the group/discussion?
Parking in the library parking garage is free for the first hour and $0.50-$1.00/hour each successive hour (pricing is scaled to discourage long-term parking). Validate and pay your ticket in the building before returning to the garage. Free on-street parking is available on Washington Ave. a half a block east of the library.
The conference room is directly across from the east-most parking garage elevator (do not enter the book part of the library).
Matt Yucha, president of OOS, will be there and has a suggested agenda, though we are free to cast it aside. As DavidOdden brought up, I think it will be important to establish common interests so that meeting up can be a value to those participating.
I look forward to meeting all of you who come.
I hope you guys have fun meeting up. I’d love to come some time but at the moment it’s just not feasible. Soon, though.
Jennifer: You will be missed!
Michael: I will not be leading it. I think William and Matt will give a general introduction - maybe Matt will talk about our activities in northeast Ohio, the tea parties, other events, but I don’t think that will take much time. The rest is up to you guys!