Pirates Of The Caribbean

Hi,

Just saw “Pirates Of The Caribbean”. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone looking for a most enjoyable evening.

I watched it because of all the hype, but was never keen on the sound of it. Turned out I was right and I wasted my money.

Doesn’t Kiera Knightley look a lot like Natalie Portman? I thought that’s who she was at first!

i liked pirates of the carribean. how could you not like it?

Pirates was a fun movie - not deep, but it was full of high adventure and daring action and dashing heros - like Dumas, I suppose.

Arrrrr. I liked it too! :blink:

i liked pirates of the carribean. how could you not like it?

Watching Pirates reminded me of the “pleasure” I get from standing over someones shoulder watching them play a video game. It was really shallow in every sense of the word. I don’t mind fairy tales if they are somehow relevant to reality, but Pirates wasn’t that. I couldn’t relate to it on any level. I understood what they were trying to do but that sense of jovial fun and nonesense was just too fluffy for me.

Just saw “Pirates Of The Caribbean”. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone looking for a most enjoyable evening.

I really liked it too. In many ways, it reminded me of another film I enjoyed – and for the same reasons – and that was “The Princess Bride.”

Both films featured a handsome, courageous young hero and a beautiful, capable heroine in a film that was colorful, adventuresome, and witty.

Gotta love it!

I really liked it too. In many ways, it reminded me of another film I enjoyed – and for the same reasons – and that was “The Princess Bride.”

I just watched that again this week. Loved it.

By the way, I also just watched “The Secret Window.” Well acted, and well-done overall I suppose, but… Spoiler ahead (not that it matters much): Is anyone else sick of movies where it turns out that the main character is insane, and some other character in the movie was another of their personalities? Identity, Fight Club, Secret Window, and others… seems like half of the movies which have came out in the last few years use this gimmick. And, to me at least, it’s getting really old.

I just watched that again this week.  Loved it.

By the way, I also just watched “The Secret Window.”  Well acted, and well-done overall I suppose, but… Spoiler ahead (not that it matters much): Is anyone else sick of movies where it turns out that the main character is insane, and some other character in the movie was another of their personalities?  Identity, Fight Club, Secret Window, and others… seems like half of the movies which have came out in the last few years use this gimmick.  And, to me at least, it’s getting really old.

You forgot “A Beautiful Mind”. :slight_smile:

Which I thought was rather good, incidently.

Is anyone else sick of movies where it turns out that the main character is insane, and some other character in the movie was another of their personalities? Identity, Fight Club, Secret Window, and others… seems like half of the movies which have came out in the last few years use this gimmick. And, to me at least, it’s getting really old.

Yes! I hated Fight Club and Identity for precisely that reason. At least when Hitchcock made Psycho, the idea was original.

Oh, yeah. I really liked PoC too. But I’ve never seen a bad swashbuckler.