Poem: Prometheus

Prometheus

(In memory of William Blake, who wrote: “…What the hand dare seize the fire…” )

The breeze was dark, the night was howling

And Gods and Ghouls were equally black,

The altar’s Fire had since been taken,

Since trembling bodies courage lacked.

In all the world, a single Fire

Did rage and leap: defiant, strong

And flowed like Magma’s molten anger

Within Prometheus’s veins.

Within his soul, a spark was breathing

And soon, into a torchlight cracked

Against the gods He rose in crusade

And swore He’d bring the fire back!!


Thank you. I really liked that. The light bringer!

I also enjoyed that! Keep 'em coming!

Very nice.

I also quite enjoyed this short poem, although I would have preffered it to be a little longer. But still, it is quite good. It makes me want to practise my poetry, I used to be able to write the odd good poem now and again.