Your savings sitting in your bank account aren’t actually there you realise?
Yes. And that’s why I never use a bank to store wealth when there is such a wide variety of other far more practical places to store it. For example: in business, real estate, homes, vehicles, tools, clothes, and food… in things which are actually used for living.
So you are entangled in the “credit/debt system” whether you want to be or not.
I can understand how you’d assume that. People who are entangled themselves naturally tend to think that everyone else lives in the same way that they do. Truth is I’m actually not the least bit dependent upon the credit/debt system, because the only use I have for a bank is to cash checks. The credit/debt system is economically toxic. It’s like a vampire that sucks out your wealth and then spits out your economic corpse. So I protect myself by always being 100% solvent, and have no business loans, no vehicle loans, no mortgages, no equity lines of credit, no student loans, no personal loans, and a zero credit card balance.
Works better than garlic and silver bullets. 
I guess you could advocate making fractional reserve banking illegal, but this would be an initiation of force against banks, and so would require more cognitive dissonance from you.
I’m not sure why you would believe that I could actually care about something for which I have no use. Just to be clear, I’m not concerned about banks like you are.
What an insult to America.
America’s bankrupt deadbeat debtor government is an insult to America… as are all of the bankrupt deadbeat debtors living in this country who created it in their own image.
What happened in Greece cannot happen in America for several reasons. One is that the US’s debt’s are denominated in a currency that it controls ie the US dollar. Whereas Greece’s debt’s are denominated in a currency it does not control ie the Euro. The economic implications to this are vast and I think you should read about them before making ridiculous comparisons!
America’s insolvent liberal socialist deadbeat debtor government is no different from the dime-a-dozen liberal social welfare states of Europe.
When most of the people in a nation are living irresponsibly up to their eyeballs in debt… don’t expect the government they create in their own image to be any different.