First, read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/ap_on_…/iran_venezuela
Did anyone else see this coming?
First, read this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071119/ap_on_…/iran_venezuela
Did anyone else see this coming?
Chavez is a menace, and he seems to be getting a major pass from the media. The left, of course, love him, while the right seem to be unable to mount any sustained criticism of him. With $100 per barrel oil to prop him up, Chavez has the chance to make his brand of socialism appealing to the vulnerable states around him. He could become Castro…with a bank account.
Chavez is a menace, and he seems to be getting a major pass from the media. The left, of course, love him, while the right seem to be unable to mount any sustained criticism of him. With $100 per barrel oil to prop him up, Chavez has the chance to make his brand of socialism appealing to the vulnerable states around him. He could become Castro…with a bank account.
Yes, and the left love him because he embodies the true end to their proposed virtue: the public good. As for the right, they can’t mount any sustained criticism of him because they are sanctioning the virtues he embodies simply by negotiating with those virtues: that of sacrifice and the public good. They can call him a tyrant, but they can’t completely criticize him because his code does not completely differ from theirs. So yes, I agree with you.
As for the vulnerable states around him, I would hope that people could see his system for what it truly is: a system set up to fail inevitably. However, history proves that people in these mostly uneducated places will fall for his Utilitarian tactics of the most good for the most people.
Now that he has allied himself with a madman, I don’t see how this could end without the use of force against these two regimes. They have openly threatened to destroy the U.S, at least economically, by force.
This should come as no surprise to anyone who keeps up with current events. These guys have had a proposed alliance for quite sometime.
Birds of a feather flock together. They always do. The content of their minds makes them approach one another. Their nationality or origin is of secondary importance.
I knew as soon as Chavez announced his policies that he would try to gather the other dictators of the world to his aid. Frankly, I am not surprised at the behavior of Iran’s ‘president’ either. Normally he would criticize anyone who didn’t openly accept the muslim faith. But since he has found an ally in Chavez, he chooses to overlook that small fact.
I still think Bush’s biggest mistake was not to give unequivocal support to the coup against Chavez a few years ago. We’d been rid of a madman we very much need to be rid of.
I still think Bush’s biggest mistake was not to give unequivocal support to the coup against Chavez a few years ago. We’d been rid of a madman we very much need to be rid of.
I don’t know that much about the coup you are talking about, or the people who were going to carry it out. However, I’m assuming that since they are against Chavez, they probably want the country to be free. If that is the case, I couldn’t agree with you more.