The Trial Of Socrates

David Franzoni, who wrote the screenplays for Gladiator, Amistad, and King Arthur, is slated to direct The Trial of Socrates.

Which is very good news, in my book.

More here and here.

For those of you who may be interested in seeing Oliver Stone’s Alexander, which opens next week, but are worried that Stone’s film may present a faulty historical perspective, I highly recommend British playwright Terence Rattigan’s Adventure Story as a very good take on the subject.

Could someone please delete the other threads of the same title?

Thank you.

I had mistakenly posted in “>>>Activism>>>Marketplace” only to edit that post with a “Deleted” entry.

Yet, even the “original” bad post shows up, alongside the others. Is there a way a user could delete his thread provided no-one else had posted a response?

I’m much obliged.

Wow fantastic. Some very fertile ground there for such a theme. I hope they have the intransigence to pull it off

Sir Derek Jacobi as Socrates!

I’d love to see Patrick Stewart as Socrates.

Sir Derek Jacobi as Socrates!

Will he be going at [Patrick Stewart voice]Warp S_h_peed[/Patrick Stewart voice]. :lol: Sorry, but I remember a comedy show called the D-generation making fun of the way Stewart says ‘Warp S_h_peed’.

Ash :slight_smile: