U.S. Media on Religion

CNN is currently running a special called “God’s Warriors” with Christine Amanpour. Without reading further, I can already tell that it is going to be horrible because the first sentence is:

The world needs courageous, committed leaders with a “genuine desire to reach compromise” to tackle the world’s most thorny issues, especially where religion and politics intersect

So if an Islamic Fundamentalist leader wants to sentence all homosexuals to death, deprive women of the most fundamental rights and render all non-Muslims to a life of second-class citizens as Dhimmis, according to the news reporter, what we really need is a leader who will compromise with such a tyrant. That is, only some homosexuals deserve death, women should only have some of their rights deprived and non-Muslims should only be somewhat lower citizens than Muslims. :stuck_out_tongue:

This article on CNN.com describes Teen Mania, a fast growing evangelical Christian organization whose stated goal is to stage a reverse revolution against secular popular culture. They organize events that are a combination of a rock concert and a Christian revival. Teen Mania’s website can be found here.

This is disconcerting stuff.

This article on CNN.com describes Teen Mania, a fast growing evangelical Christian organization whose stated goal is to stage a reverse revolution against secular popular culture. They organize events that are a combination of a rock concert and a Christian revival. Teen Mania’s website can be found here.

This is disconcerting stuff.

Oh yeah, Battlecry. They are insane and the article is right, they are just pushing neo-conservatism on the youth of America. Have you ever seen a Battlecry event? They use all of this military stuff and talk about people being warriors for God and starting wars. It’s kind of scary. I’m noy afraid of them but, I don’t like their constant mingling of displays of faith with displays of force.

Also, I had no idea the Beatles has a negative world view. I guess songs about love and just really nothing but an evil liberal conspiracy to brainwash the youth of the America into accepting Godless communism.

Oh, and did you see the town he comes from? Cumming, Georgia. Isn’t that kind of ironic? Hahaha. :slight_smile:

Have you ever seen a Battlecry event?

Everyone can watch a brief clip on a BattleCry event on CNN.

The part where BattleCry leader Ron Luce speaks of “virtue terrorists” who are “raping Virgin America” is very creepy. This man is incredibly evil.

Incidentally, someone posted the following on Wikipadia, which I am confident is a lie:

On August 24, 2007, during secret filming by a CNN film crew as part of the three-part documentary God’s Warriors, founder Ron Luce admitted that he was in fact an atheist, and that the Battle Cry Campaign was “a great way to make a whole heap of money out of the dumb and ignorant masses”.[2]

How could he be making lots of money with a campaign whose goal seems to be spreading a message and not to collect income? Perhaps he could be embezzling funds, but evidence must be provided first. Furthermore, notice how no direct source is provided.

Anyway, when a person is as evil as Ron Luce, we can make a legitimate case against him using facts from reality. There is no need to resort to deception.

This man is incredibly evil.

I have that thought when I see “leaders” like this often. This resurgence is very real and very scary though. I’m sure most of you know about the Jesus Camp documentary. Evangelical Christians are explicitly training warriors in most barbarous sense of the word.

Dawkins I really appreciate on this issue because he criticizes the idea of pushing religious belief onto children, describing it as psychological abuse in his documentary “The Root of All Evil”

The God Delusion and The Virus of Faith.

I have that thought when I see “leaders” like this often. This resurgence is very real and very scary though. I’m sure most of you know about the Jesus Camp documentary. Evangelical Christians are explicitly training warriors in most barbarous sense of the word.

Dawkins I really appreciate on this issue because he criticizes the idea of pushing religious belief onto children, describing it as psychological abuse in his documentary “The Root of All Evil”

The God Delusion and The Virus of Faith.

Ditto. The lady in Jesus Camp actually says she want’s kids in this country to me more like the kids in Muslim countries because they are devoted to their faith so much they would die for it.

RAmen.