I don’t remember the details. If you give me a link I will explain. If I said that in public on the forum about another member I assume I was using the term in the sense of “someone who claims to be an Objectivist”. We have a few people who post to the forum who are very up-front about not claiming to be Objectivists. For instance, we recently had someone who was a Keynesian leftist arguing against the gold standard and in favor of Krugman. One current member is a Christian. Sometimes, another member – being unaware of this – will reply to the leftist/christian in a way that assume the other agrees with Rand. That’s the typical situation where I would point out the incorrect assumption.
You could read such a statement as saying “Person X is not an Objectivist in any sense of the term”. You claim that the person was trying to be an Objectivist. I’m curious who this could be… post a link.
It was this thread:
http://forum.objectivismonline.com/index.php?showtopic=22456
Are you sure you’d characterize that poster as a “Keynesian Leftist”?
The OP said, “A proper government has no moral right to meddle in the area of trade” and demonstrates a pretty deep knowledge of Objectivism in that post (including an anecdote from an obscure Peikoff taped lecture!). That doesn’t sound very “Keynesian Leftist” to me…