Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Should I allow search engine bots?

DavidV
    By DavidV,
    The benefit of allowing bots is to make the site more visible to search engines, especially when someone searches for a topic we discuss. The minus is the privacy issue. Some people may not want this forum to come up when someone searches for them. Of course, you shouldnt be using your real name as your nick anyway...

Greetings from Oz

Invictus
    By Invictus,
    A few things about me... I am an 18-year male who lives in Brisbane, QLD, Australia. Currently I am studying a double degree in International Business/Arts in Asian and International Studies. Among my hobbies are history, politics, philosophy, tennis, skiing and reading. I look forward to posting regularly on these forums.

politics/political philosophy

Old Geezer
    By Old Geezer,
    Just a suggestion, and I havent thought out the implications... but the politics and political philosophy forum seems to be packed these days. Perhaps its arbitrary hair splitting, but perhaps there is a way that it could be split into two forums Politics and Political Philosophy it might create more work than its worth, but its an idea to toy with

Why Should One Dismiss The Arbitrary?

DavidV
    By DavidV,
    What line of argument would you use to introduce the idea that the arbitrary should be dismissed with someone ignorant of philosophy or Objectivism?

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS