Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

Why does Dagny leave Atlantis?

F23AC
    By F23AC,
    Hey all. This is Anthony Carreras. I introduced myself in the introduction section prior to getting this registration thing down. Anyhow, I have a question I'd like to ask you all about a specific scene from Atlas Shrugged, which I am assuming most of you (if not all) have read. (Steve - I asked you this question once on IM). The scene is when Dagny is in Atlantis, debating in her mind whether or not to stay in Atlantis or go back to the railroad. John Galt says to her, "If any of yo

People: Leo Strauss

Atlas51184
    By Atlas51184,
    I was reading about Leo Strauss here and I wanted to know if anyone has any opinions of him. My knowledge is limited to what I read in this article.

My thoughts on academic vs. elective education.

danielshrugged
    By danielshrugged,
    Is a vocational education in elementary through high school an example of Pragmatism? Are academic courses any better for training one's conceptual faculty than elective courses? I wrote an article for Toronto's New Intellectual in which I argued in favor of academic over elective courses. Their editor, Andrew Lui, rejects my position. If nobody persaudes me I'm wrong, I'm going to cancel my plans to distribute the paper at my college, so a lot hinges on this. Persuade away! I will inc

Why isn't there more writing on the base of O'ism?

RationalEgoistSG
    By RationalEgoistSG,
    I am currently re-reading Objectivism: The Philosophy of Ayn Rand, and I am fully realizing that Objectivist metaphysics really establish a good foundation for everything that follows. In the majority of philosophical disputes that I've had with others concerning ethics, politics, and aesthetics, the fundamental disagreement has almost always come from differing views of metaphysics and epistemology. I believe that Objectivist metaphysics and epistemology firmly establish the corre

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS