Objectivism Online Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nakulanb

Hello (New)

Rate this topic

Hi,

My name is Nakulan and I am new to these forums.  I am excited to participate in this community and discuss ideas with likeminded folks.  I have read The Virtue of Selfishness, The Fountainhead, Anthem and a play by Rand that I can't recall the name of at this time.  I plan on reading Atlas Shrugged after I complete The Odyssey which I'm almost done with.

Thanks for reading,

Nakulan

11 hours ago, nakulanb said:

Hi,

My name is Nakulan and I am new to these forums.  I am excited to participate in this community and discuss ideas with likeminded folks.  I have read The Virtue of Selfishness, The Fountainhead, Anthem and a play by Rand that I can't recall the name of at this time.  I plan on reading Atlas Shrugged after I complete The Odyssey which I'm almost done with.

Thanks for reading,

Nakulan

Welcome! Can I ask what got you interested in Objectivism originally?

11 hours ago, William O said:

Welcome! Can I ask what got you interested in Objectivism originally?

I had a friend who was an Objectivist in Undergrad and he taught me much about it.  I fell in love with Anthem and The Fountainhead.  I especially resonated with The Fountainhead in that I am an Artist myself (musician) and found Roark's unwillingness to compromise his Artistic Vision inspiring. 

Now, I do think if you want to work in any career and you are not the owner of the place, you must find a place where you agree with their values and work accordingly.

I love the Independent Pharmacy I work for as a Pharmacy Technician, we value making money,  but we also value our patients and doing what's right by them.

I also love Rand's concept of Selfishness.  I was very much Altruistic growing up and got walked all over.  Objectivism changed my life, for the better!

:)

Edited by nakulanb