Objectivism Online Forum

A tough ethical decision

Rate this topic

musenji

when delivering it, tell the customers that the cooks may not have washed their hands. And if they don't like that fact, they wont order from there again (just make sure you don't get in trouble for doing that).

Yeah, that's pretty much an instant recipe for disaster. :) If I told 10 deliveries that the cooks "may not have washed their hands", there's a 99.99999999999% chance that the boss in question would hear about it several times and yell at me. :confused:

Update though, I have reason to think she may have relented to my request that she cough into her arm. It does seem like a rational request. Unless, perhaps, you factor in that it's like an Ensign calling out an Admiral. Still, truth is truth.

I've pretty much let go of the drivers not washing before going to makeline (or at least let go of the idea that I'm going to affect it*), and I'm working on letting go of the fact that the GM has told managers to skimp on some toppings if we're overused on food costs (another thing I imagine people would tell me is "not my responsibility to worry about", and maybe they're right).

*Though when in front of me, that guy who once got really pissed off at me for asking, does wash now before making things. Maybe partially because I've helped him out several times since then, when it came to locating streets...