Objectivism Online Forum

Reblogged: An Incredible Explanation

Rate this topic

An information technology expert lists six reasons the government's claim that the IRS "lost" emails pertinent to its targeting of conservative political groups is ... implausible. After detailing the six reasons, the article concludes:

[Normal] Cillo, who has been working in IT for roughly 16 years and is currently a consultant for a tech company, said
it's possible the IRS is telling the truth if the federal agency is "totally mismanaged and has the worst IT department ever."

Other than that, it's just not "feasible," he told
TheBlaze
. "If the IRS' email server is in such a state that they only have one copy of data and the server crashes and it's gone, I've never heard of such a thing."

"
I don't know of any email administrator that doesn't have at least three ways of getting that mail back
," he added. "It's either on the disks or it's on a TAPE backup someplace or in an archive server. There are at least three ways the government can get those emails." [bold added, minor format edits]

Isn't it funny how the question of whether President Obama -- or his minions in the government -- is evil or incompetent keeps coming up? Such a question of a government official would almost always make much less of a difference in our daily lives were voters to demand a government limited to its proper purpose, vice one that runs almost everything.

Of course, perhaps on some gut level, Obama senses that many Americans are content to rely on the government as if it were some sort of autopilot. I am no IT expert, but I personally found the assertion that the IRS (for whom record-keeping would presumably be a fine art) lost the emails an insulting explanation. Furthermore, with the domestic spying cat out of the bag, Obama also sounds like he is practically daring Republicans to do what Steve Stockman has done: request the metadata from the emails in question from the NSA.

The real question about Barack Obama isn't whether he is evil or incompetent or both, but how long Americans will put themselves in a position in which the answer to such a question is so important. Our government clearly has too much power over our daily lives.

-- CAV

Link to Original