Objectivism Online Forum

Attn: Greedycapitalist

Rate this topic

for whatever reason I was booted from the livechat just as I asked you a question and was wondering what the response was. ( i was unable to get back to teh livechat)

You weren't booted. You were part of a net split, meaning that the server that connected you to IRC was temporarily offline. It will appear that everyone in the channel left.

Next time, just wait it out. ;)

Another thing that can happen is you could get disconnected, which is again an issue of the server to which you are connected. Just reconnect when that happens. You may need to change your nick, as sometimes your old nick will stay out there for a while.

If you were to get kicked and banned from a channel, you would receive a message saying "you have been kicked by (nick of whoever kicked you)," generally followed by the reason you were kicked and/or banned. You may be kicked by the channel bot for saying too much too quickly and overwhelming the channel. In that case, the reason will be "flood." You shouldn't have a problem rejoining the channel if being kicked for that reason.

Edited by Pony Girl