Objectivism Online Forum

Student Signature Authenticity Inquiry

Rate this topic

Hello. I am a student at UNC and have recently spend a decent amount of money online for a 3rd printing of Ayn Rand's AS which is signed, supposedly. However, I am somewhat skeptical about the authenticity of this signature. It is in what appears to be a green felt pen and is signed above where the same writing states "10/57" which is the year of publication of this printing. I have purchased this as a gift for my father and have no idea where to turn for verification. The problem is in the R in Rand; there is a short line through the 'tail' of the R. The tail on the R and the line are not aspects of her signature I have seen before. I will be happy to email anyone any pictures or further information on this book. I live in Chapel Hill, NC; which is near Raliegh, and do not even know if there is somewhere I can take this book for review. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Please, if anyone has any help... please send it my way. I can be emailed at my yahoo account: [email protected] or my school account [email protected]. Thank you for your time!

post-2983-1149992321_thumb.jpg