10 years of Objectivism Online!

ObjectivismOnline was created 10 years ago on 03 February 2003. Here is the first post, in which I described my plans for this website.

In 10 years, we’ve received 270,156 posts from 8,962 members.

3 Likes

Congratulations David!

:smiley: Aw, it’s the little forum that could.

.

Thank you, and congratulations to you and your associates at 10 on producing this fine site.

Congratulations!

I’ve only been a member here for about half the time that OO has existed, and apparently I’ve missed all of the introductions, so I’d be interested in learning who the owners, administrators and moderators are. I thought that this ten year announcement thread might be a good opportunity for you to toot your horns, tell us about yourselves, and to proudly and publicly associate yourselves with Objectivism. What are your real names, where are you from, what do you do professionally, what types of involvement with Objectivist intellection and activism have you had? Please introduce yourselves.

Thanks,

J

This calls for a drink. Cheers.

I’ve only been a member here for about half the time that OO has existed, and apparently I’ve missed all of the introductions, so I’d be interested in learning who the owners, administrators and moderators are. I thought that this ten year announcement thread might be a good opportunity for you to toot your horns, tell us about yourselves, and to proudly and publicly associate yourselves with Objectivism. What are your real names, where are you from, what do you do professionally, what types of involvement with Objectivist intellection and activism have you had? Please introduce yourselves.

I am the sole founder, but there are four people without whom this forum absolutely could not have happened. (I will not reveal real names out of respect for their privacy.)

RationalEgoistSG - he helped complete the original vision for the site in 2003.

AshRyan - he organized live events and supported the forum through the rapid growth phase in 2005.

HaloNoble6 - he helped provided content for the main ObjectivismOnline.com site.

softwareNerd - he has been the de-facto leader of this forum since 2006.

Also of course none of this would be possible without the admin and moderator team.

About me:

I am a technical leader working mainly in software development in Shanghai, China. I was born in Ukraine, then lived all over Texas and in New York City before moving to China in 2011. I got married in 2009 and am expecting my firstborn next week :slight_smile:

My background in Objectivism comes from co-founding the Objectivism Club at Texas A&M University (2000-2004) and participating in the Ayn Rand Institute’s OAC (Objectivist Academic Center) 2002-2004. I met some of the leaders of this forum when I was an intern at OCON 2003. In addition to founding Objectivism Online in 2003, I have been the webmaster/technical architect of Mises.org since 2004. I also co-founded the now-defunct Objectivist Club Association.

1 Like

This calls for a drink. Cheers.

Done. And cheers.

I am the sole founder, but there are four people without whom this forum absolutely could not have happened. (I will not reveal real names out of respect for their privacy.)

RationalEgoistSG - he helped complete the original vision for the site in 2003.

AshRyan - he organized live events and supported the forum through the rapid growth phase in 2005.

HaloNoble6 - he helped provided content for the main ObjectivismOnline.com site.

softwareNerd - he has been the de-facto leader of this forum since 2006.

Also of course none of this would be possible without the admin and moderator team.

About me:

I am a technical leader working mainly in software development in Shanghai, China. I was born in Ukraine, then lived all over Texas and in New York City before moving to China in 2011. I got married in 2009 and am expecting my firstborn next week :slight_smile:

My background in Objectivism comes from co-founding the Objectivism Club at Texas A&M University (2000-2004) and participating in the Ayn Rand Institute’s OAC (Objectivist Academic Center) 2002-2004. I met some of the leaders of this forum when I was an intern at OCON 2003. In addition to founding Objectivism Online in 2003, I have been the webmaster/technical architect of Mises.org since 2004. I also co-founded the now-defunct Objectivist Club Association.

It’s a pleasure to meet you, David. Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing a little about yourself. And congratulations to you and your wife on being parents-to-be!

J