1000 posts!

This board has been experiencing practically exponential growth in the past few months, and we’ve reached the 1000 post mark. Some statistics for you:

April: 8 posts

May: 36

June: 160

July: 141 (there was a slight lull due to OCON this month)

August: 562 (so far)

While I don’t think this kind of rapid, almost exponential growth will last forever, I do believe that the board will continue to grow steadily. I hope to still be sharing this forum with you all when we reach 10,000 and 100,000 posts. Thanks again for providing this forum, David!

Yay! I’m glad that I kept the forum going during the long months of hibernation. I’m confident that the site will keep on growing, especially with help from some high profile links we’ve gotten recently.

Btw, as the top poster, Ash is probably more responsible than anyone else for the recent growth.

post-3-1062378282.jpg

Well, it’s been a year today since I joined this forum, soon after its inception. There are now over 3000 posts, and nearly triple the number of members as well since the board’s seven-month mark at the time of the previous posts in this thread.

And during this past year, this has been a great place to discuss some issues with other students of Objectivism to clarify my thoughts about things on my mind, and just to read their posts about other things as well. And I’m sure the forum will continue to be such a place. I predict that in another year we will have surpassed the 10,000 posts mark.

Once again, kudos to David!

The growth over the last few days has been fantastic! How is everyone finding this forum?

post-5-1080884445.jpg

This forum is great. Places of rational discussion are rare and I’m glad to have found one here. The plethora of one-line posts to be found in most forums are absent from Objectivism Online.

It is a testament to the intelligence and insight of Objectivists.

Thanks go to David for bringing this place into being.

I’m glad to know the vast majority of my posts are being ignored. :dough:

Oh well (hey! this is two lines! and a third one is coming up!) :stuck_out_tongue:

p h 3 4 r m__3 :ph34r:

Meanwhile, I must add a fourth line to echo Invictus - thank you, David, for bringing this place into being.

Out of curiosity,

how did you come to the decision to do a .net as opposed to a .com?

I love it here. I had been visiting humanities.philosophy.objectivism, where I found most of the posters to be rude, overly arrogant, and needlessly condascending. This environment is significantly more welcoming, and has a much wider variety of topics to join in on. Thanks!

P.S. Look! I was the newest member in the last post of Board Statistics! :rolleyes:

Old Geezer,

.com was already taken, :o

When David and I expanded the site into what it is now, we were thinking about changing the domain (our favorite was www.ideasmatter.com), but no luck in finding one that was good and not being used.

Thanks RE

how come there arent banner adds etc on this site? I cant say I’d mind.

Not much money in them anymore. But I’m trying Google Ads on the main site. Feel free to click on anything interesting :slight_smile:

Thow come there arent banner adds etc on this site? I cant say I’d mind.

Are you sure? Becuase I just added some :o

P.S. Every click makes us money. So if you see something interesting, please don’t hesitate to do so :wink:

Edit #2: I just saw a Google ad for this forum on this forum. Weird, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.  Every click makes us money.  So if you see something interesting, please don’t hesitate to do so  :pimp:

I just clicked on an ad to a site claiming to have information about a new theory of cosmology.

The new theory: The universe is comprised of one (and only one) existant, which is God.

Weak.

P.S. The other ads were pretty good, though.

On the plus side, they pay money for every ad you click on. :

I have only seen it once, but you are going to get paid for me going to Ayn Rand Institute website, the URL for which I was typing into my browser when I noticed the link. :pimp:

Save Marine Life

Help us conserve our precious marine life by donating online.

I bet this one is going to get alot of hits. :pimp:

On the plus side, they pay money for every ad you click on. :

That is a plus. I’m making an effort to click on every ad every time I visit. :slight_smile:

Wow, this is the 6000th post. Let’s see: 7 months to 1000 posts, 5 to 3000, 2 to 6000! At this rate, we should reach 10,000 long before the year’s over! :wink:

Here are the monthly page views for this site since I moved it to a new host in November:

11/1/2003 November 9,265

12/1/2003 December 30,408

1/1/2004 January 62,738

2/1/2004 February 90,754

3/1/2004 March 115,453

4/1/2004 April 171,618

post-5-1081397939.jpg

100 posts :lol:

I just noticed that ObjectivismOnline is one of the top ten websites for “Objectivism” according to Google