Or at least someone who doesn’t say crap like “At its best, Cast Away, like Titanic, awes us with its sheer oceanic sweep and its cosmic apprehension of human insignificance.” (Stephen Holden, NY Times), etc. I know there’s some movie reviews on this forum, but looking for a lot of em
Thanks.
Or at least someone who doesn’t say crap like “At its best, Cast Away, like Titanic, awes us with its sheer oceanic sweep and its cosmic apprehension of human insignificance.” (Stephen Holden, NY Times), etc. I know there’s some movie reviews on this forum, but looking for a lot of em
Thanks.
A great site for lots of movie-related things, including intelligent reviews. It is run by a few Objectivist friends of ours.
(Only problem is … I often disagree with them.
)
You might also ask Betsy or Steven about a guy named David Hayes. I get the Cybernet, and he gives a brief synopsis of some really good, older movies.
You might also ask Betsy or Steven about a guy named David Hayes. I get the Cybernet, and he gives a brief synopsis of some really good, older movies.
David’s interest is primarily in older movies – really older movies – but he does occasionally mention a few more current movies that he thinks are of interest to Objectivists. You can see David’s movie interest, and reviews, at his movie site. David is quite the expert on these older films.
The other site I mentioned, Box Office Mojo is really for more recent and current movies.
Thanks for the links; I like the oldies as well as new releases. David’s site is just a little bright B)
Speaking of which, Box Office Mojo recently posted a very good article about the changes Lucas made to Star Wars.