Many famous people say they’re Ayn Rand fans. (See, for instance, the recent thread on the nomination of Mr. Cox as SEC chairman.) For me, when someone says they’re an Ayn Rand fan, that is only a starting point. Further investigation shows that such people may actually be far from being Objectivists.
Still, it is a starting point, and I thought it would be interesting to compile a list. Thus, this topic.
Feel free to add to it when you see a story of someone famous who is also an Ayn Rand fan. Please do not include those who say they were fans in their youth. That might be a topic for a completely different thread.
I use Google News Alerts, which sends me a daily email of mentions of “Ayn Rand” in news stories. I’m sure other members here do the same. I want to use this thread as a place to record the mentions that are really interesting.
Steve Shore and Barry Prevor started as teenagers selling T-shirts. Their “Steve & Barry’s University Sportswear” stores sell T-shirts that they price “ridiculously low”.
This article (link) says that they “bristle” when it is suggested that their low prices are altruistic.
The article goes on to report:
“I’m an Ayn Rand fan, and I don’t like the word ‘altruistic,’” Prevor said. “It’s more that we understand that our self-interest is tied in with our customers’ self-interest.”
Most of us have seen funny little videos that seem circulate around the country (perhaps the world) thanks to email-forwarding.
This news story (link) is about Logan Darrow Clements who recently made a video about Social Security. The article says that he, "hopes to spread the ideas of Objectivist philosopher Ayn Rand with the same degree of financial success that Michael Moore has enjoyed speading the ideas of Karl Marx. "
about Logan Darrow Clements who recently made a video about Social Security.
And if I remember correctly he also ran for governor of California last time as well.
Christina Ricci is a fan of The Fountainhead and actually posed with it in a series of ads that hung in high schools nationwide. Short skirt, check. Gorgeous starlet, check. Copy of Fountainhed, check. Sounds like a cool poster to me. She threw her hat in the perpetual “if they ever remake it I’d like to be a part of it” in the interview I read about the campaign.
Charlize Theron was at one point trying to get a project together to make a film version of The Husband I Bought but after hearing a few spurts I think the project died. Knowing the current state of Hollywood, it would be condemned as sappy and trite.
I heard an interview on local radio station WXEG 103.9 (the X) with the band Godsmack in which band members indicated that they draw on Ayn Rand’s writings for some of the themes in their music.
I’m not really fond of Godsmack, but I like their idea, anyway. 
Christina Ricci … posed with [Fountainhead] . Short skirt, check. Gorgeous starlet, check. Copy of Fountainhead, check.
Suggest you find the photo and submit it to a moderator for “review” 
Actually, turns out it is easy enough to find via Google Image-search.