Darkreaver13

Hi; this time last year I was a devout Communist..

After a massive 37 page, eight-month debate with “Inspector” (amongst other very patient members at Capitalist Paradise) who I am assuming is also a member of these forums, I now consider myself an Objectivist. I realize how bad my ideas were before and all this new knowledge now helps me think with a much clearer view of the world. I am still solidifying my beliefs and I guess I’m still an Objectivist “newbie” if that’s even possible, but I just thought I’d say hi.

I think it’s a shame how Objectivism is seen by non-Objectivists as a sort of cult, and indeed I thought exactly that, but it just goes to show how wrong you can be. I really think the philosophy deserves mainstream credit, even if it is “radical” compared to most philosophy. I am now teaching my friends about it and they have taken quite a liking to it.

So anyway, yeah, hi. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow! That’s quite a turnaround. Hope you enjoy the forum.

What of Ayn Rand have you read?

Welcome to the forum.

Zak

You may see Inspector around, depending. I highly recommend that you read Ayn Rand’s books, and be prepared for people with highly uncompromising ideas!

Welcome!

What of Ayn Rand have you read?

Aha, well I have read The Fountainhead and some of Atlas Shrugged (really must finish it). I have been desperately looking for some of her non-fiction which has been recommended to me numerous times. I still think my time on Capitalist Paradise has been the biggest influence, which may be puzzling considering it’s Rand who invented the philosophy, but Inspector (and the others) really know their stuff!

What is “Capitalist Paradise”? Is it a website?

What is “Capitalist Paradise”? Is it a website?

They are forums kinda like these. Significantly less numerous members, but it’s still a really decent place.

http://s7.invisionfree.com/capitalistparadise