Does anyone know of a FAQ for Objectivism?

Does anyone know a FAQ for objectivism?

Rather than start another thread, I’ll ask my question here: does anyone know a FAQ for objectivism?

Have you been to ARI

Rather than start another thread, I’ll ask my question here: does anyone know a FAQ for objectivism?

How abouting reading, “The Voice of Reason”, by Ayn Rand. The first essay in the book is called “Introducing Objectivism”

I went to ARI before, its OK. But I’m currently reading several large manuscripts all at once, so I don’t have time to add onto the list.

Oh, btw, out of curiousity, how does objectivism feel about guns and its control?

why would there be gun control? I dont know how everyone else feels here. But depriving any type of right to me seems to be a step in the wrong direction.

Oh, btw, out of curiousity, how does objectivism feel about guns and its control?

One of the most important rights that a man has is, if not the most important right is his right to life.

While one does not have the right to initiate the use of force on another, one does have the right to defend ones life.

For me I think of gun control as making sure all of the bullets go into the target.

Thinking you can write about Objectivism without reading Ayn Rand?

Is that a Kantian approach - or just your own?

OT to Eran: HAHAHAHAHA!

Kant concluded we can know nothing, Rand concluded we can know everything. You have quite a job ahead of you.

Thinking you can write about Objectivism without reading Ayn Rand?

Is that a Kantian approach - or just your own?

About Objectivism as it really is-in-itself?

No one can do that anyway. It will just be a “construct” in your mind.

Of course if he actually read it (or thought he did, since one cannot be sure if one is actually reading-in-itself), it might help him construct his construct, transcendentally speaking, that is.

On the other hand…ummm…sorry, I got disconnected from reality and forgot where I was.

Fred Weiss (Me. Kantian)

Thinking you can write about Objectivism without reading Ayn Rand?

Is that a Kantian approach - or just your own?

I’ve read Atlas Shrugged and The fountainhead

That ought to cover just about all the fundamental questions you might ever have about Objectivism.

That ought to cover just about all the fundamental questions you might ever have about Objectivism.

I strongly disagree.

You can’t fully grasp AR’s philosophy without reading her nonfiction.

The non-fiction helps, but hes just doing an essay on Objectivism. I would never read 20,000 pages of text JUST to write an essay.

Now I’m a very leaning person compared to the lot of you, but the username and avatar of I. Kant really rattles me.

I. Kant ,

How Objectivism feels? That’s an odd combination of and choice of words. First, things which do not have the faculty of consciousness whatsoever cannot feel, and second, one or another’s feelings on a matter is not the approach to knowledge on that matter.

About guns and their control? What indicates to you that Objectivism has a position one way or the other?

Objectivism is not based on any other philosophy. Its approach to existence and to knowledge of it is profoundly Aristotelean, as well as many identifications of fact. But Objectivist ethics differs from Aristotle’s approach very much, and their respective validations of the evil of theft have little in common. Aristotle is known as the philosopher of reason, not as the philosopher of egoism. (This is not to disparage Aristotle; for two millenia, nobody has risen to a stature like his, and he is the giant on whose shoulders Rand stood.)

I.Kant is a troll, who is trying to criticize objectivism.

See this thread: http://forum.ObjectivismOnline.com/index.php?showtopic=1419

And look at his highly irrational blog for a good laugh.

Kind of obvious really. Especially with a name like that.

I am writing an essay and I need a good philosopher that objectivism is based on …

I know what Objectivism is. It is the philosophy that Ayn Rand created.

What do you mean by “objectivism”?