Does Rand's Aesthetics Differ from Soviet "Art"?

Jonathan13 usually jumps in to threads like that, so you might add his name to the search criteria. he fights his mostly lone but tireless battle for his interpretation of Rand’s aesthetics, which most other posters disagree with. The real source to go to is “The Romantic Manifesto”.

I think that SoftwareNerd is correct that most other posters disagree with my views of Rand’s aesthetics, and, since this is an Objectivist site full of Objectivists, I think that’s alarming. I think it reveals how little most Objectivists know about Rand’s actual views on aesthetics, how willing they are to misrepresent Objectivism, and how hard they cling to mistaken views when clearly shown to be wrong.

Here’s an example of softwareNerd disagreeing with my presentation of Rand’s views. Read it and the next few posts that follow it, then read the The Romantic Manifesto and the various entries on art and aesthetics at the online Ayn Rand Lexicon, and decide for yourself which of us is accurately presenting Rand’s views.

J

1 Like