Early (March 2007) opinion poll for Presidential Candidates

These are always fun.

A few of you have indicated that you would not support the Democrats on principle. Given that many major Objectivists have supported the Democrats in the 2006 election, do you mind explaining this position?

Clearly things are a little different now that the Democrats now have majority control in the House and barely in the Senate. However, I doubt that most principles concerning which party to support hinged on this fact.

Clearly things are a little different now that the Democrats now have majority control in the House and barely in the Senate. However, I doubt that most principles concerning which party to support hinged on this fact.

Maybe I’m incorrect, but I thought that one of the primary reasons that some Objectivists called for a Democrat vote in the last election was to counterbalance Republican power over both Congress and the Presidency. I prefer a standoff. That way the pinheads in Washington rarely accomplish anything. :lol: