What are your favorites?
Among mine are: Shadow of the Colossus - Swift Horse
and Kingdom Hearts II: The 13th Anthology by Yoko Shimomura
Both are incredibly beautiful and powerful and suit their stories and settings very well.
What are your favorites?
Among mine are: Shadow of the Colossus - Swift Horse
and Kingdom Hearts II: The 13th Anthology by Yoko Shimomura
Both are incredibly beautiful and powerful and suit their stories and settings very well.
I love all the music in any Zelda game.
I love all the music in any Zelda game.
Yeah, my favorites being the theme in A Link to the Past, and the Dark World theme, I find myself humming it a lot. Oracrina of Time had some amazing music in it too.
The Warcraft 2 soundtrack has been my favorite video game soundtrack since it was released in '95 (Though I enjoy most of the Blizzard music: Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, WoW, WoW:BC).
Recently, the Age of Conan soundtrack is quite good.
Usually, when a game is released with a collector’s edition that includes a soundtrack, I usually buy it for that.
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01192/
http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00578/
Starting at 12:40:
http://www.imeem.com/people/pyHlts/music/4…feforceimander/
“Galaxies” from the game “Parsec” (you probably haven’t heard of it, originally from http://openparsec.sourceforge.net/download.html )
Homeworld
Battle Isle 2
One Must Fall
Turrican 2
I second the Diablo and WoW music. Additionally, I like the music from the Heroes of Might and Magic series, in particular the second one.
Also, I love the Battlefield series theme… dada da da DUHN DUHN! ![]()
I’ve always been a fan of Nobou Unemastu’s work on Final Fantasy. I think my favorites are the soundtracks to VI and Tactics (although he himself did not do Tactics). Also, you have to love V’s Big Bridge Battle Theme.
Also, Shadow of the Colossus’s battle theme’s are amazing. Kudos to Koh Otani.
Finally is Yoko Shimmora’s work. The Kingdom Heart’s soundtracks are amazing, but he really shines with the Legend of Mana soundtrack. The boss battle themes are amazing, and the Song of Mana may be one of my favorite video game themes of all time. Great music for a great game. If you haven’t played the game, I recommend a purchase, and a listen
-Final Fantasy (Nobuo Uematsu)
-Starcraft
-Metroid Prime
-Metal Gear Solid 2 (Harry Gregson-Williams)
-Silent Hill series (The acoustic guitar songs that usually accompany cutscenes)
-Ace Combat 5 (specifically “The Journey Home”)
-Morrowind and Oblivion
-The Halo series
Marty O’Donnell, the guy behind the Halo soundtrack.
All my favorites have been named. I also kinda dug Mass Effect’s music.
My favorite is “Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War Original Soundtrack”. Most of it is performed by the Warsaw Philharmonic Orchestra.
If anyone’s ever played an old game called Starsiege, they’ve heard some of the best music composed for a game.
Also I like the music in the Rainbow Six series, it’s usually pretty cool metal riffs that get stuck in your head. Kinda strange to have metal music with the stealthy nature of those games though ![]()