Hello. I’m a 20 year old from the UK, currently working minimum wage while I empower myself through education. I’m studying History, English Literature and Psychology (for the entertainment value) at a local college to give me the qualifications needed to study History at University, and, despite my low I.Q. (132), become a teacher.
I wouldn’t classify myself as an Objectivist yet, because I haven’t studied it enough to make an informed enough decision, but I have read 2 of Ayn Rand’s books (‘The Virtue of Selfishness’ and ‘Philosophy - who needs it?’) as well as ‘Objectivism’ by Peikoff, and all three have been real eye-openers. I am enamored with the philosophical side: the certainty, the love of reason, and the faith in each person to have total control of their lives. I’ve not covered much of politics yet though.
Welcome to the forum. Some people are probably going to suggest that you read Rand’s fiction, but I find her nonfiction is more interesting.
The IQ score is meaningless without a test name so we know how it rates against everyone else. On most tests that’d be an exceptional score. You must hold teachers in high regard.
I am enamored with the philosophical side: the certainty, the love of reason, and the faith in each person to have total control of their lives. I’ve not covered much of politics yet though.
Welcome.
Careful when you use the word faith! It would probably be more accurate to say “the knowledge that each person has the ability to control their lives”.
Hello. I’m a 20 year old from the UK, currently working minimum wage while I empower myself through education. I’m studying History, English Literature and Psychology (for the entertainment value) at a local college to give me the qualifications needed to study History at University, and, despite my low I.Q. (132), become a teacher.
I wouldn’t classify myself as an Objectivist yet, because I haven’t studied it enough to make an informed enough decision, but I have read 2 of Ayn Rand’s books (‘The Virtue of Selfishness’ and ‘Philosophy - who needs it?’) as well as ‘Objectivism’ by Peikoff, and all three have been real eye-openers. I am enamored with the philosophical side: the certainty, the love of reason, and the faith in each person to have total control of their lives. I’ve not covered much of politics yet though.
Seriously that isn’t a bad score. I am not entirely sure if an IQ test is scientific anyways. I have never taken a real one.
You’re right. I’ve looked up the averages and it’s well above the average. I assumed I was average, but even so.
I wouldn’t trust that score. If whoever told you your IQ is that, didn’t even explain what it means and how it relates to that of others’, it probably wasn’t a very accurate result.
Real IQ tests take time and are taken by specialists.