This topic, believe it or not, is critically important. Before I start, for anyone who reads this, I am living in Toronto, Canada and am Canadian.
I came across a group in Caledonia, Ontario who were fighting collectivists (tribal collectivists, Unions, Communists, Palestinians, anarchists) for what used to be a core Canadian value: Equality Before the Law) not as “equality” is understood in its redistributive sense today. This group was determined to get the SWAT line, police and provincial politicians to enforce equality before the law by making a stand on that principle. I invited myself to the group and, by crossing the collective line with them, was arrested (twice) for crossing the police lines wherein we peacefully insisted on marching but the police deemed was a, “breach of peace.” (We were not the proven violent group).
You see, tribal groups, and too many favored groups get favored political treatment which they should not. I believe it is this favored treatment that is the subjectivity and arbitrariness so prevalent today. Now that I and this group called CANACE (Canadians for Charter Equality) have been arrested, the actions of the police are now being contested in the courts - and CANACE is winning the cases. No group or collective has any special rights or privileges that an individual should not possess.
The entire sordid story of this fight and how the government is losing and being forced by the courts to be more fair (just) to Canadians has just been published in a book, “Victory in the No-Go Zone.” Written by Gary McHale.
I hope you can buy the book for it truly is enlightening. The author professes religious ideas, but his actual work and strategy is anything but divine. The entire work is well fought human effort.
Canada is leading the charge towards socialism in North America, so we here have to be more active in opposing the statist policies. The government opposing our lawsuits are dragging it out, hoping we will quit, but I don’t think we will.
I do have some remarks I’d like some to answer if you will about the importance of, “Equality Before the Law.” I deemed this principle important enough to go to jail (When I was first thrown in it was very intimidating. I couldn’t physically resist or raise my voice as I was being handcuffed. I honestly didn’t know if the police were going to lock me up and throw away the key - or what they would do to me there. I just knew I was right).
I’d like some feedback on the relation of “Equality Before the Law” to individual rights. Priority, relationship, and need of,… etc. if anyone doesn’t mind. Thanks.