I wonder how this will be presented by Western media… I am not sure my blood pressure will be able to take it…
Well, from what I’ve seen in the media, the response, as expected, hasn’t been positive. From all of the reports I have seen, I give full support to the Israeli “raid”. This ship had been trying to break the military blockade against Gaza. That blockade is there for a reason: to prevent the smuggling of weapons into the Hamas controlled area. I think ships have been “raided” in such a manner in the past, resulting in finding stockpiles of weapons headed for the terrorists. Any ship that wants through to that area can and should expect to be boarded, searched, and probably turned around. Hence the reason why the Israeli government has said such humanitarian missions are dangerous and other avenues should be tried.
It looks like this tragedy is giving the anti-semites and their apologists (particularly on the left) another opportunity to condemn the state of Israel. A flotilla carrying aid to the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip was raided by the IDF and ten people were killed. Israel claims their soldiers were attacked and that the raid was self defense. I found this snippet to be incredulous to say the least:
Iran calls attack inhuman
Iran, one of Israel’s biggest foes, said the killings were “inhuman” and would help lead to the Jewish state’s demise, and some 200 Iranians staged a demonstration near the United Nations building in Tehran to protest against the storming.
“All these acts indicate the end of the heinous and fake regime and will bring it closer to the end of its existence,” President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told state broadcaster IRIB. Iran is under international pressure over its nuclear program.
LOL… Iran. The hypocrisy of a regime who admittedly killed 36 of its own people (that’s the number they admitted to) for protesting a rigged election calling Israel’s actions “inhuman”.