I’m pleased to announce the release of my new CD, 24 Preludes of Frédéric Chopin, by the John Link Project. This CD documents the 2007 world premiere of my arrangements for five singers, guitar, bass, drums, and violin of Frédéric Chopin’s 24 Preludes, Opus 28, published for solo piano in 1839. I was the guitarist for all 24 preludes and a vocalist for one of them (No. 6), as well as the mixing engineer for all the audio. I also designed the artwork for the packaging.
I guarantee that you have never heard Chopin’s Preludes played the way we played them, with the melody, harmony, and rhythm so clear. I find that pianists typically play many of the Preludes (Nos. 1, 3, 5, 11, 14, 16, 18, 22, and 23) much too fast and without any sort of groove. Just wait until you hear our renditions at appropriate tempos. They really swing!
Go to http://www.cdbaby.com/johnlinkproject to hear samples from the CD.
There are two ways to purchase the CD:
-
) Order through cdbaby by going to http://www.cdbaby.com/johnlinkproject and clicking on the BUY NOW button.
-
Go to http://www.isadoraduncan.org/emporium.html and order the CD along with the DVD The EveryWoman Series: The Red Thread by Lori Belilove & The Isadora Duncan Dance Company. (The CD and the DVD were recorded in June of 2007 at the Ailey Citigroup Theater in New York City where the performances by the John Link Project of Chopin’s 24 Preludes served as accompaniment for Lori Belilove’s original choreography.) By the way, Lori Belilove is my wife.
I’m very proud of this new CD and DVD and hope that you will enjoy them and be inspired by them.
John Link