Oregon, Objectivist business owners

Anyone out there?

Oregon, and Portland especially is growing increasingly hostile towards business concerns.

If there are any Oregon business owners here I would be interested in meeting to discuss how to best combat the new wave of oppressive regulation, taxation and wage controls that are being passed.

Someone in the Portland Objectivist group might give you some leads.

There was an article in yesterday’s Colombian about how Oregon’s new taxes is beginning to push business across the river and into SW Washington. I tried to find the article online but couldn’t find it.

I did find another article from the Colombian about wealthy Oregon residents moving from the state due to the new tax rate on the rich.

There was an article in yesterday’s Colombian about how Oregon’s new taxes is beginning to push business across the river and into SW Washington. I tried to find the article online but couldn’t find it.

I did find another article from the Colombian about wealthy Oregon residents moving from the state due to the new tax rate on the rich.

Just one of the many many permits I have to buy each year just went from $20 per annum to almost $400 per annum.

Another from $375 to $475 for this year although I hear they plan to raise it every year.

..and this for a 16 seat bar.

Just one of the many many permits I have to buy each year just went from $20 per annum to almost $400 per annum.

Another from $375 to $475 for this year although I hear they plan to raise it every year.

..and this for a 16 seat bar.

No wonder Oregon has the highest unemployment rate in the country second only to Michigan.

Minimum wage $8.40 an hour :slight_smile:

..and it goes up every single year.

$8.40 an hour.. for a part time 16 year old dishwasher… can anyone not living in an insanely liberal city even imagine that?

The argument being.. “no one can raise a family on $6 an hour”

well..here’s a hint.. DON’T HAVE CHILDREN unless your skills and/or education merit a living wage. :smiley: