Please Help Vote

I posted this on the Speichers’ board too, and I hope you guys can help out:

Every once in a while I search “Atlas Shrugged” on amazon and the first review I find is one by an apparently misguided person who accuses Objectivism of making her “wish death on 90% of the world population.”

I decided to write a brief review of the novel (not, I might add, of Objectivism), to counter such slander. Problem is, I believe it will sink into oblivion like the rest of the reviews unless it becomes a spotlight review, which I think only happens when you get lots of votes.

By the way, the negative review I am speaking of is titled: “I OVERCAME MY ADDICTION TO OBJECTIVISM!” The review I wrote is titled: “A Sense of Life Worth Becoming Addicted To”.

direct link *click*

Am I wasting my time?

You will have better luck posting reviews for less-popular books. My review of Atlas quickly faded, but my review of The Ominous Parallels is still prominently visible after two years.

You will have better luck posting reviews for less-popular books.  My review of Atlas quickly faded, but my review of The Ominous Parallels is still prominently visible after two years.

I might end up doing that, but I figure this is worth trying. That AS review is aggravating to say the least.

I read your review Oakes, and I am impressed by your lucidity and objectivity. Your review was straight forward, and to the point. Well done!

I can’t find it

Haha… my favorite is the one by a Mr. Michael L. Mahr:

"Written by an atheist, this is one of the most insidious and diabolically anti-Christian book ever written. Satan couldn’t have done a better job of attacking Christian principles. Like wandering through the maze mind of a sociopath, it’s one of the most repetitive, repulsive and boring books ever written

If you liked Mein Kempf, you’ll love Atlas Shrugged. "

I’m sure that Ms. Rand would have taken “Satan couldn’t have done a better job of attacking Christian principles.” as a very high compliment.

James

I’m sure that Ms. Rand would have taken “Satan couldn’t have done a better job of attacking Christian principles.” as a very high compliment.

I don’t know about that because the anti-concept of “Satan” is included on the BS known as Christianity.