I enjoyed this poem on hitRECord, especially the part that goes: “Things matter, because well, they matter to you.”
Kind of a nice nod to self interest. I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed, and admittedly I occasionally have a bit of an existential crisis. But this was kind of a cool counter to feeling small in the universe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gycKV1n2B\_c
3 Likes
Thanks for posting. I googled for the text, but couldn’t find any. I wonder who wrote it.
A text of Above It All, can be found here.
The site asks (hit the heart to the right of the title of the poem) that those who upload stuff there, that it be their own creation.
Thanks DW. Really like the poem. A nice idea, stitched together smoothly (except for the last line, which I either don’t understand or doesn’t flow from the rest).
If you check the video out, the last few lines were not included in the text. These could have been added ad-lib for the reason you cite.
Wow, I love this! Thank you for sharing.