Shall We Dance?

Saw this movie last week, and loved it! It was quite a refreshing change from the regular trash that is out these days. It is funny (a true comedy, unlike some of the other, un-funny ones), has an upbeat and uplifting story, a feel-good ending, and I came out wanting to take up dancing myself. Although I disagree with the morals of specific characters in the movie (like the guy who wants to use dancing to score with women), I agree with its essential theme, that you’re the only one who can act to make your own life happier, and more interesting.

Saw this movie last week, and loved it! It was quite a refreshing change from the regular trash that is out these days. It is funny (a true comedy, unlike some of the other, un-funny ones), has an upbeat and uplifting story, a feel-good ending, and I came out wanting to take up dancing myself.

Which version did you see? There was one released in Japan (or China), and there was also one recently put out with Jennifer Lopez staring. I have only seen the later. I found it to be inspiring and upbeat as well (although I though J Lo wasn’t esp. good in it.) , and enjoyed the movie.

Although I disagree with the morals of specific characters in the movie (like the guy who wants to use dancing to score with women), I agree with its essential theme, that you’re the only one who can act to make your own life happier, and more interesting.

I think that the characters you didn’t like were meant to be disliked, so I wouldn’t necessarily see that as a flaw of the movie.