Split Topic Request

It hasn’t happened very often, but when topics are split sometimes that split off topic dies out, I think because it becomes difficult to find. One of the features of this forum that I really like because it makes it easier to keep up with replies is the subscription to a topic, which makes it possible to get an email notification of replies. But when a topic is split, no email notification is sent out for that new thread, as far as I know. In other words, there are times when I am subscribed to a topic via email notifications, and after the split I no longer get email notifications and I think the thread has died out, when it is really continuing in another thread. Can it be set up so that someone who subscribes to a topic that gets split automatically gets subscribed to both threads (the original and the split) or that a subscriber to a topic that gets split be sent an email notating that the topic has been split?

Thanks!