I’m CRUSHED that no one has mentioned LOST yet. An incredible show.
My list:
Lost
Carnivale
Firefly (cancelled)
Boston Legal
24
I’m CRUSHED that no one has mentioned LOST yet. An incredible show.
My list:
Lost
Carnivale
Firefly (cancelled)
Boston Legal
24
Battlestar Galactica (The New Series)
I have to mention that I was deeply disappointed by this show. The whole plot is naturalistic crap. The waste of potential there really saddens me.
ok i LOVE wifeswap and trading spouses i like made and unwrapped w/marc summers
but my favorite show is the OC goshhh um but only the first season!
South Park
Family Guy
The Simpsons
King of the Hill
The X-Files
Nip/Tuck
Jay Leno
Not on anymore-
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Angel
3rd Rock from the sun
Knight Rider
A-Team
Currently-
Smallville
Veronica Mars
House (which is really hard since it’s on at the same time as VM)
Becker
Everybody Loves Raymond
OH, and Pinky and the brain. Forgot about that.
Can’t believe that no-one’s mentioned The Amazing Race yet.
I love The Amazing Race.
I just started watching it last season. It’s great to see the competition.
My favorites:
Gilmore Girls (great dialog)
Deadwood
The Amazing Race
Will and Grace
Monk
The Apprentice
Shows that aren’t on anymore:
Sex and the City
Dawson’s Creek
Friends
I guess I’ll respond:
Shows that are still on:
Simpsons
Family Guy (new episodes soon!)
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Law and Order (any and all)
Numb3rs (have only actually seen one episode, but so far so good)
South Park
Reno 911
Chappelle Show
Not on anymore:
Seinfeld
Star Trek: TNG
Austin Stories (anybody else watch this besides me?)
Shows that are on that I’m embarassed to admit I love(d):
The O.C.
Party of Five
Golden Girls
Farscape is a truly excellant program. I own every episode and HIGHLY recommend it.
I have to mention that I was deeply disappointed by this show. The whole plot is naturalistic crap. The waste of potential there really saddens me.
I agree that it is naturalistic as you put it, but I still find it entertaining.
Those House quotes were hilarious; I laughed out loud a number of times on a few of them.
Those House quotes were hilarious; I laughed out loud a number of times on a few of them.
I really like House, but the only problem I have with it, is that it seems to have followed the EXACT same form for every show. While, yes, House’s dark sarcastic humor is funny, it’s lack of creativity in other areas are going to keep it from becoming the show that it has potential to be.
Edit- I really hate my work computer. I much prefer my Mac.
There are two shows that I forgot to mention.
It inspired me to go to business school … where I discovered an Objectivist professor … when I soon had the courage to take the step to learn how to write fiction and read literature, and learn Objectivism. They currently show it on Canada’s Women’s Television Network.
But the gem of the show is the character of Justin, the young brilliant painter, charismatic, courageous, integrity driven, and beautiful. Though, he seems to have post-modernist views, his sense of life is certainly Objectivist-like. Give him one interview with John Galt and he would quickly be transported to Atlantis.
Americo.
Has anybody seen the show Penn and Teller Bullshit on Showtime?
I was on an orchestra trip the other day and happened to be rooming with another guy who enjoys “educational” tv too. I had no idea what it was at first because I caught the last couple minutes of an episode, but they were giving all these facts so I “stayed tuned”. It turns out it was on again and I watched the whole episode. It was the funniest show I have seen in a long time. The topic for this show was recycling. They talked to all these environmentalists and then disproved every fact and theory the environmentalists held.
At one point it even said something along the lines of “the recycling program is paid for by force; actually all taxes are force.” I tried to find some quotes, but couldn’t. (Maybe I’ll search some more later.) The only problem is its on Showtime, which I don’t get. Also, it is riddled with four-letter words, which are actually kind of entertaining, mostly because it’s a slam against political-correctness. Anyway, this is definitely an awesome show. It is both extremely funny and informative. I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time.
Zak
Yeah, Bullshit! is one of my favorites. I don’t get Showtime either but Season One and Season Two are available on DVD (Season One is the better of the two).
My favorite is probably the Environmental Hysteria episode. They sent a lady to some hippie festival and got pages of signatures for her proposal to ban water. She never said that the chemical she was banning was more commonly known as “water,” and she only selectively described its attributes. She talked about how many people the chemical kills every year, and how there is such a high concentration of it found in every fruit and vegetable in stores. Everybody signed the proposal, eager to regulate, without knowing the entirity of the facts. It showed one guy signing while drinking a bottle of water. It reminded me of the episode of the Man Show where they got a bunch of women to sign a petition under the banner “End Women’s Suffrage!”
They also talked to the spokesperson of some rainforest preservation group. They asked her simple questions that you’d think she’d be able to answer (being the spokesperson for the group) such as “Why should the average person care about the welfare of animals in the rainforest?” She couldn’t come up with an answer.
Probably, Law and Order Trial By Jury (Bebe Neuwirth)!
Don’t miss it! Bebe is outstanding!
I tried CSI. Specifically, CSI New York. It’s OK, but lacks the realism and action of Law and Order. Too much weird production stuff going on. Gary Sinise is great.
All four Law and Orders are worth watching. In my opinion, they are far and away the bsest dramas on prime time TV.
I remember watching one Bullshit about bottled water. It was the funniest thing i ever saw. At the end of the episode they were at a fancy restaurant and had waterdee come up with the water list. So they had all the people trying these various exotic type of waters with people commenting on the crispness and the quality of the water. The catch, all the bottles of water were filled up behind the restaurant with a water hose. ![]()
I don’t watch much TV for that reason. All that is on TV now is cop shows and lawyer shows or Medical shows. I generally will watch the History Channel and if the Discovery Channel or Science Channel has something interesting on. I also love catching the old tv shows like MASH and The Cosby Show. Now that is quality tv entertainment. The only show that I am mad i don’t watch anymore is Smallville. I might have to get those on DVD eventually.