If the Democrats are so smart how come they have a “Jackass” as a symbol and why is it that the Republicans have an “elephant” as a symbol and forgotton how to rule!
Quite aptly, as revealed in the recent “unpublished” letter of Ayn Rand, “Philosophy does not deal in symbols and does not require them.”
The “jackasses” and “elephants” are not there to rule. In case it has been forgotten, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, in order to secure the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This is the basis for what she decries quite eloquently elsewhere as a human society.
She further points out, in the same “unpublished” letter, “One cannot force men—or nations—to live as human beings if they prefer to be swine in a collectivist pig pen.”
I have to gather from this that this could be where the seed may have been planted for the later fruit she harvested with:
“To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion—which is the policy of savages, who rule men by force and plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifices).”
Of course what you say is valid…I was just making a funny! Must we Objectivists always be devoid of humor?
5 hours ago, Collectivist said:
Of course what you say is valid…I was just making a funny! Must we Objectivists always be devoid of humor?
When someone doesn’t laugh at your joke, there are at least two possible explanations.
10 hours ago, Collectivist said:
Of course what you say is valid…I was just making a funny! Must we Objectivists always be devoid of humor?
If the Democrats are so smart how come they have a “Jackass” as a symbol and why is it that the Republicans have an “elephant” as a symbol and forgotten how to appeal to the individual!
I find this more humorous.