Okay, fess up. I’m in New York, New York now. Who’s with me? Are there any good O’ist clubs or Objectively fun things to do on this island?
I know I’m going to be running all over Central Park and doing the wall climbing they have there. See a Conan show, tour the touristy places and make snarky comments about how touristy all the tourists are. Gotta see some theater, opera, Shakespeare in the park, museums, bummmmmm, wha else?
(Note: I know there’s another thread on stuff to do in NYC, but it didn’t quite serve my purposes because 1) it didn’t seem to be so much about getting together some O’ists, and 2) it seemed to be mostly for short-term visitors.)
I’m up in the nosebleed section, Washington Heights. There are definitely pockets of Objectivists of varying ages in NYC. Social events tend towards parties, dinners, karaoke, etc by invitation, but there is also the Ayn Rand meetup which is open to all, the ones I’ve been too have been pretty cool. I would be down to hang out and/or organize something, hit me up via PM.
Yeah, we should do that. I’ll be moving in about a month.
Where is the Gaks? (Gacks? Gax?) I heard it’s some place north-west of NYC that’s pretty rural/uninhabited, has good rock climbing. I might go out there in a semi-regular way.