OO.com meetup in NYC

Some chatgoers and I have decided to set up a meetup sometime this summer in or near NYC. There are no plans set in stone for a date or time yet. Right now, I’m gauging the interest level of a meetup before I set anything down. Really, you could bring anyone along, provided they are into Objectivism as more than just a passing interest. Make a post here if you’re interested!

So far, the people interested are (I’ll edit as people post):

 

August 16th @ Noon, corner of West 59th and Avenue of the Americas.

Eiuol

thenelli01
splitprimary
suptiche12

1 Like

I will most likely be in NYC during the summer, and would be interested in going.

Decent interest so far, obviously I got some people aside from posts here.

 

I’d guess sometime in August, not sure about where to meet in the city, I’d like suggestions!

I am interested – I’m in CT. 

I was hoping you’d be interested.

 

I’m thinking a weekend is best, tentatively the 16th or 23rd of August. I’m thinking meeting at a place for lunch is best, nothing fancy, maybe a pizza place or diner since that’s the most agreeable for food anyone wants. Somewhere near Central Park probably.

August 16th is when it’ll be, does it conflict with anyone?

good w me as of now.  :thumbsup:

The plan is 12 noon somewhere in the Central Park area of the city. No exact location yet, I’ll do some research on a spot. Still August 16th, Saturday.

Cool, I’m excited. 

I just remembered that an Objectivist in NYC does a “Forgotten Delights” tour of sculptures in the city. I have no experience with it, and looking at the site, they’re not on a frequent schedule. Still, I thought I’d post this in case someone wants to look into it.

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend. Have fun.

Okay, location will be the corner of West 59th and Avenue of the Americas. It’s a convenient spot and at a neat store, Chocolate Covered Everything. Plenty of things to do.

I have some touristy things planned out for all day Friday, if anybody wants to join!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it today.

 

Have fun. 

This was two years ago, but I’d like to do this again. Last time, 5 of us went. Went pretty well, good conversation. No particular age range, although last time all of us were 20-somethings.

So, I’m testing interest again. No location in mind yet besides NYC. I’m aiming for July or August to do this. Either post here or send me a PM if you’d consider the meetup.

I’m in!