Objectivism Online Forum

New Category Suggestion

Rate this topic

I would like to suggest creating a category in the Philosophy section for "College Philosophy Course Discussions" where college students sadistic enough to take philosophy courses can post on the discussions and debates they have in their courses and get feedback on argument we make vs arguments the instructors or other students make.

I would like to suggest creating a category in the Philosophy section for "College Philosophy Course Discussions" where college students sadistic enough to take philosophy courses can post on the discussions and debates they have in their courses and get feedback on argument we make vs arguments the instructors or other students make.
The typical problem is student masochism and instructor sadism, but it would be refreshing to here about the other way around :thumbsup:

The typical problem is student masochism and instructor sadism, but it would be refreshing to here about the other way around

ok now this is off topic but you totally made me remember a funny story:

Back when I was first going to college in the late 90s, I was taking a intro to deductive logic course which I loved. The instructer was an older guy on the verge of retirement but a great personality. During class one day, we wanted to demonstrate some proof and started with a premise of "I like speghetti & meatballs" then he said "But to shorten this, let's write 'I love S&M' up here on the board" which he did and everyone in the class chuckled. When he asked what we found funny we pointed out the "I love s&m" to which he replied, "Yeah - peghetti and meatballs?" and again we all chuckled. then he asked "What? does that have some other meaning?" and then we were nice enough to let him in on the joke at which point he embarrasely and abruptly erased it and wrote it out the long way.