Objectivism Online Forum

Environmentalist World Body Ruling

Rate this topic

In a move that would seriously effect industrialization, the UN wants to have world control over carbon emissions and industrialization. Using "global climate change" as their rallying cry, they want to control carbon emissions world wide.

A United Nations document on "climate change" that will be distributed to a major environmental conclave next week envisions a huge reordering of the world economy, likely involving trillions of dollars in wealth transfer, millions of job losses and gains, new taxes, industrial relocations, new tariffs and subsidies, and complicated payments for greenhouse gas abatement schemes and carbon taxes — all under the supervision of the world body.

Obama and his administration seem to want to go along with this, as he may sign the agreement.

In a move that would seriously effect industrialization, the UN wants to have world control over carbon emissions and industrialization. Using "global climate change" as their rallying cry, they want to control carbon emissions world wide.

I am quite certain you meant "affect". Usually a minor misuse but here it turned out to mean exactly the opposite of what (I think) you meant to say.

I am quite certain you meant "affect". Usually a minor misuse but here it turned out to mean exactly the opposite of what (I think) you meant to say.

What I mean is that if the Western civilized countries go along with these types of rulings, then it will be detrimental to their industrialized life-styles and the enjoyment of life. It is a means of subduing a human life on earth for the sake of the atmosphere, which isn't in trouble anyhow. It is an evil attempt for the UN to control all the countries of the world, especially the more advanced countries that are free enough not to have to live in sub-human conditions before industrialization.

It is seriously bad for industrialization, the glory of rational and free men.

It is seriously bad for industrialization, the glory of rational and free men.

And Obama really means it.

"This time the U.S. delegation represents the views of a White House committed to mandatory action on climate change. And unlike 1997, when the Kyoto Protocol was drafted, there is now a Democratic-controlled Congress moving to embrace mandatory limits on greenhouse gases."

I think it's a good idea: I'd love to see the UN take gas!

Actually, there's a certain kind of justice to this. The phoneycons (Bush, Wolfowitz et al) instead of leaving the UN as they should have, used it to legitimize the invasion of Iraq. I have a saying "The dog that you let out is the one that bites your ass" You cannot shun in the morning light the tool you use in the dark of night. Brothers; you asked for it.

Edited by Space Patroller