Objectivism Online Forum

1000! :)

Rate this topic

TheEgoist

So I've been posting here for over two years! When I came here I was near graduating from high school, and was unfamiliar with a lot of the meat of Objectivism and philosophy in general. Over 2 years later, I still feel as though I haven't scraped the surface of what I can possibly learn, however this site and the conversations I've had and viewed both in the forums and in the chat have helped me more than you guys could ever know. Even those I disagree with give me strength. I think Space Patroller may be correct in saying this site has the best intellectual content of any philosophy forum I've ever visited. I've even made pretty good friends here, as I'm sure anyone who has been here as long as I have has done as well.

So, thanks to the OO.net mods, admins and active members who contribute daily, weekly, monthly and all that jazz. Sometimes a search into the archives of OO.net are more satisfying than a Wiki-wandering :).

Here's to 10,000 more. :)

My two year anniversary was in June and besides the age part, I feel the same as The Egoist. I've learned a ton from the Front Range Objectivist Group (FROG), but lots here as well. I've also made many friends (including The Egoist) and been fortunate enough to meet many of them in person. I even found my new husband thanks to this site. Thanks all! :P

Edited by K-Mac