Objectivism Online Forum
  • °

Objectivism Is The Everyman's Philosophy

In the universe, what you see is what you get,

figuring it out for yourself is the way to happiness,

and each person's independence is respected by all

• Rand's Philosophy in Her Own Words

• "Metaphysics: Objective Reality"Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed/Wishing won’t make it so." "The universe exists independent of consciousness"
    • "Epistemology: Reason" "You can’t eat your cake and have it, too." "Thinking is man’s only basic virtue"
    • "Ethics: Self-interest" "Man is an end in himself." "Man must act for his own rational self-interest" "The purpose of morality is to teach you[...] to enjoy yourself and live"
    • "Politics: Capitalism" "Give me liberty or give me death." "If life on earth is [a man's] purpose, he has a right to live as a rational being"
  • Objectivism Online Chat

How is existence meaningful as an axiom?

8g9
    By 8g9,
    How is existence meaningful as an axiom. (I messed up the topic accidentally. My apologies)

HOW CAN OBJECTIVISM BECOME A DOMINANT IDEOLOGY?

rohintest
    By rohintest,
    MAPPING FUTURE OF OBJECTIVISM   HOW CAN OBJECTIVISM BECOME A DOMINANT IDEOLOGY?   INTRODUCTION The article is for long time Objectivists only. I think at this point only long time Objectivists can clearly visualize the logistics for making the ideology mainstream. Philosophy of Kant, Christianity, and Islam being examples of mainstream ideologies. Personally, I have been reading Ayn Rand and Objectivist literature for more than 20 years now.  

Land/Real Property Ownership in regards to Nations

Easy Truth
    By Easy Truth,
    The conflicts over national ownership of land seem to be the most likely cause for World War Three, as opposed to ownership of intellectual property, or unattached property. Land seems to be the most incendiary issue. I have not seen people be willing to die over the right to speak a language, or have they? There are multiple conflicts that can be reduced to a conflict over land, that seem to be painted as conflict over ideology or identity. There is the Ukraine War over sections of

Israelo-Palestinian Conflict: 2023 Edition

AlexL
    By AlexL,
    Breaking News -- Israel Under Attack     

Text to Image

Boydstun
    By Boydstun,
    There is an AI group on Facebook at which, a few days ago, I made the following post. In the first Comment to the following, I'll show a response it got from another member of the group. "It has been my experience that when humans make films containing settings of nature or industry from scenes described in literature, they do not measure up to pictures in my mind that I have when reading the text. Pretty sure that will be the same when AI makes scenes from word descriptions, however well.

Introduction -Student of Objectivism and I'm seeking to Connect with others. (USA)

Mthomas9s
    By Mthomas9s,
    Hello! 

Consciousness is every(where)ness, expressed locally: Bashar and Seth

Lungdhen
    By Lungdhen,
    Hi everybody. Please find below a link to an article that has been recently published in the IPI Letters: Consciousness is every(where)ness, expressed locally: Bashar and Seth. https://ipipublishing.org/index.php/ipil/article/view/53 The text describes the cosmology behind the teachings of Bashar and Seth. Both sources are not real. According to them it is rather our own reality that is not real. This is not easy to understand. But before dismissing the teachings as fantasy or non

Origins of Kashmir Conflict

human_murda
    By human_murda,
    Here is the gist of how the Kashmir conflict started in India: British India consisted of regions that were directly controlled by the British as well as ~500 kingdoms that were subsidiary to the British: Myanmar was separated from British India in 1937. When they left, the British partitioned the regions that were directly controlled by the them into a Muslim majority Pakistan and a secular India (mostly Hindu but also included non-Hindu, non-Muslim areas). The ~500 kingdoms wer

Age of Electricity

Boydstun
    By Boydstun,
    Annual amount of electrical energy produced by countries of the world is here. Leading source for generation of electric power for each US state, 2001 v 2019. Information used by NYT (10/28/20) in making these maps is from the US Energy Information Agency.

Reblogged:Four Random Things

Gus Van Horn blog
    By Gus Van Horn blog,
    A Friday Hodgepodge 1. From a crowd-sourced collection of business trip mishaps comes the following funny and wise punchline:It's Item 10 of 12 if you're pressed for time and want a good laugh. 2. From an interview with Pete Wood, my favorite Arsenal blogger/podcaster, comes the following quote about getting to see them win the title away at Manchester United when he was younger:Arsenal have a chance to win the Premier League this weekend, but regardless of the outcome, they have had a remar

Portal by DevFuse · Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS