Objectivism Online Forum

Soon to be: Star of Stage and Screen

Rate this topic

Tenure

So, my drama teacher recently found Facebook and discovered how to upload all the photos from the productions we've done, so I thought I'd post them here, so you can see the kind of insanity I get up to.

I must warn you, the intention in these performances usually involved achieving some sort of bizarre, 'Brechtian' style of production, so excuse the rather... odd... nature of the performance space and layout.

Anyway, they aren't too bad, and it's quite funny to look back at these old photos of me (the latest ones are from a few months ago, the oldest ones from about 14 months ago).

Without further ado, I present two productions of Rory, 'The Caucasian Chalk Circle' and 'Equus':

n507280518_395066_7072.jpg

Dr Dysart (the blonde one) considers the morality of his profession, of removing the individuality of people, to make them fit a societal norm. Jamie (on the left) and I (on the right) pin the subject down.

n507280518_395071_8627.jpg

I, as 'Alan Strang', the confused young boy, start circling round the girl I'm obsessed with, comparing her to a horse and some such.

n507280518_395075_9848.jpg

From the Dress Rehearsal. I think the line here is, "We'll give him the perfect, normal world, where we're tethered along beside him!"

n507280518_395076_168.jpg

Alan Strang isn't used to recieving sexual advances from girls, so is slightly confused as to what's going on.

n507280518_395077_477.jpg

Jill locks Alan in the stables with her. In this scene, we decided to perfrom the exact same scene, but with three couples, at different parts of the performance space, to kind of get an added emphasis on what was going on.

n507280518_395081_1732.jpg

I thought this was a very powerful image, which we recreated throughout the piece. Jamie in the middle, is Alan Strang, escaping from the horses. The horses assume a god-like position and never move to look at Alan, but instead tilt their heads slightly, and move their eyes. It worked really, really well live, although I think some of the effect is lost in this simple photo here. Also, this was taken during the dress rehearsal, and you can see by the curtains, it's daytime outside. It was much more effective at night time.

n507280518_395133_3911.jpg

Here we go back into the old days. I take care of Grusha's baby, and look very girly in the process. Can you believe my fringe was so long?!

n507280518_395134_4242.jpg

One of my favourite roles: The grumpy old man!

n507280518_395144_7597.jpg

I am a rock-star and these are my hoes! It's ironic, because actually, only one of them (well, besides me) likes girls. :worry:

I'm so glad I'm not that skinny now... I mean, I'm skinny, but I actually have muslces now... and much shorter hair. God damn that fringe.

Ok, I'm done now. :D Carry on.

Edited by Tenure