Objectivism Online Forum

Farenheit 9/11

Rate this topic

redfarmer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The frightening part about the whole affair is how many people are cheering for Michael Moore not because they think the documentary isn’t a sham propaganda piece, but merely because he has the right (anti-Bush, anti-US) attitude.

Without any real issues to distinguish their ideologies, today’s leftists and conservatives alike must rely on personality cults and empty party rhetoric while becoming more anti-intellectual than ever.

Moore gave "the people" permission to pirate his propaganda flick ... but that doesn't answer the question "why bother?" Blank DVDs are cheap, but why waste it on F9/11? There's no artistic value in filth and lies. And what on earth can anyone learn from someone that has demonstrated a canny ability to distort, omit, and evade facts?

I can wait until it airs on a movie network on a snow day. I'd watch it for my own amusement - I like to argue my point, even if it's with the TV ... :D

I have a question about the petition and don't know if I should sign it. Basically, there is a law in Canada which states foreigners cannot intervene in political elections by making comments. Moore made some negative comments against the Conservative Party during the election in June.

"Moore" here: http://www.chargemoore.com/

Is it consistent with free speach to sign the petition?