Objectivism Online Forum

Cynthia McKinney

Rate this topic

Green Party activists are evidently attempting to draft Cynthia McKinney to run as a Green Party Presidential candidate. Former congresswoman McKinney is widely known for her scuffle for a D.C. police officer who she slapped when he wanted to see her identification when she was entering a Congressional building. McKinney later apologized for the incident.

Anyway, McKinney is a large proponent of the racist idea that anyone who is not actively working to redistribute wealth to the poor or to black people is racist. In practice, this means that she labels anti-aggressive panhandling ordinances as racist*. Atlanta can use laws criminalizing aggressive panhandling. She is also a strong proponent of civil war reparations.

In addition, Cynthia McKinney has also attracted 9/11 conspiracy theorists:

We know there were numerous warnings of the events to come on September 11th. . . . What did this administration know and when did it know it, about the events of September 11th? Who else knew, and why did they not warn the innocent people of New York who were needlessly murdered? . . . What do they have to hide?

If the Green Party does indeed choose to nominate her, I will be disgusted but not surprised. You can read some of her political views here.

* After a cursory internet search, I am unable to find an article to corroborate this; I forget if her labeling was explicit but I remember it being philosophically equivalent.