Objectivism Online Forum

Henry Mark Holzer

Rate this topic

Henry Mark Holzer, former attorney for Ayn Rand, has blog which was linked by Instapundit today. The current post is The Alan Greenspan Story: From Objectivist to Statist

Judging by the title of his book Supreme Court Opinions of Justice Clarence Thomas (1991--2006): A Conservative's Analysis. he considers himself a conservative. I do not know what that is about, but the blog looks worthy of monitoring.

I agree with the Greenspan article, but I have my reservations about The Anti-Capitalist "Capitalists" article(posted january 1 2009), in which he criticizes John Allison and BB&T, and says this:

"Apparently, the otherwise free-market Mr. Allison was against the money when he took the money—folding in the face of government pressure and banking competition.

The noise you hear is Ayn Rand spinning in her grave—because the heroes of her Atlas Shrugged would never have capitulated to either threat."

I disagree. As long as the AS heroes were working under the rule of the looters, they took their demands into consideration. It would've been quite foolish to ignore the guns pointed at their heads. Obviously, at one point they got tired and left, but that's another story.