Objectivism Online Forum

Eagle Scout

Rate this topic

chuckleslord

And a male homosexual attempting to get involved in Boy Scouting is probably a pedophile. It is unjust to smear all homosexuals with the suspicion of pedophilia, but I wouldn't give a damn about justice to strangers when my child's welfare is at stake. Both exclusions are totally sensible.

*slaps forehead*

This is probably the stupidest thing I have heard on this forum here so far. And that's quite a feat.

Sorry, you should give a damn about justice to strangers, since justice means treating things, people and situations in accordance to their nature- it should be your default, not screwing up other people because of whatever histrionic notion has crept under your skull.

Your assumption isn't only a ridiculous jump to a conclusion bereft of any logical progression, it is the kind of comment that could end up destroying someone's career when people who are just as histrionic as you hear it and take it as a true fact. There are many reasons why a gay man would want to work with the scouts: they may like children , they may have been scouts themselves at one point, or whatever. However to assume that any gay man who wants to work with the scouts is a pedophile while any heterosexual adult male who does is free from suspicion (and considering a large number of pedophiles are heterosexual...) is what makes your comment one of the dumbest things I've heard here so far. And yes, that does beat the Argentinian who came to the board to try to prove that extreme poverty contradicted Objectivism. To sum it up: According to Monsieur Grames, any heterosexual male adult who works with children just likes children, whereas any gay male adult who works with children just wants to abuse them.

Jesus Christ on a Dunkin' Donut.

Edited by kainscalia

• 2 weeks later...