Objectivism Online Forum

Hello from Connecticut!

Rate this topic

Reading through Atlas Shrugged for a second time, and got inspired to find other like-minded folks. I'm loving it here so far, and it gives me a lot of joy to discover that the study of Objectivism is rather strong and apparently growing exponentially!

So I guess I'm a minarchist, ARI-hating Objectivist. I hope that my disliking of the ARI can be tolerated by those here, because I'm going to use this forum to primarily understand how the hell anybody can justify the foreign policy the ARI stands by.

Thanks to everybody for making this forum such an inviting and intriguing place for Objectivists to engage in thought experiments and discuss.

So I guess I'm a minarchist, ARI-hating Objectivist. I hope that my disliking of the ARI can be tolerated by those here, because I'm going to use this forum to primarily understand how the hell anybody can justify the foreign policy the ARI stands by.

Welcome Andrew! Hope you enjoy it here.

Good luck on your quest. I'd suggest that the topic has been discussed numerous times and so there are many threads where the regulars have articulated their positions. I'd also suggest that The Objective Standard has some good articles on the topic. I recall ones on Just War Theory, and Sherman that were good. Also, before you confuse the position with the hawkish stance of Demoracy-building neo-conservatism, I'd suggest Bradley Thompson's analysis of neo-conservatism in the same publication.

I won't engage the debate. I've hashed it out too many times with others to believe that doing so again with you would be of value to me.

Welcome, Andrew!!!!

I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday, whenever it may be!!! :pimp:

I've been to Connecticut before. Vey nice state!!

Hah! I set some relevant information in my profile, thanks for letting me know about it. So now you can feel free to wish me a happy birthday in about 5 months... :D

Connecticut is alright - it used to be quite great, but now the State of Connecticut is the largest employer in the entire state. Things are going pretty downhill here, as seems to be the trend across the country, sadly. Oh well - who is John Galt? :P

At least it's still pretty...