Objectivism Online Forum

Harry Binswanger On Glenn Beck

Rate this topic

dadmonson

I think you are picturing an actual meeting wherein both parties had representatives attending some sit-down conference where a treaty was drawn up agreeing on what to call each other.
I'm not picturing anything specific at all. Indeed, I'm asking what specifically Binswanger is referring to.

I think Dr. Biswanger was referring to "you define my gang and your gang and we both oppose any other option such as freedom without gang rule" as the mutual agreement of both gangs destroy each other and to oppose laissez-faire capitalism and individual rights, and their common mission to destroy any liberal or democratic government. Does that answer your question?
Perhaps that is what Binswanger does mean, and nothing more. Or, perhaps he means there was an actual deal - a specific communication between the two groups, moreover not just as to a commitment to exclude additional groups but also to define themselves as the opposite of the other. I'm only asking what specifically he does mean. Edited by Hodges'sPodges