Objectivism Online Forum

The Smartest Forum in the World.

Rate this topic

Prior to this post, there was a tie between this and my "Space-O-Forum".

In terms of innate content, this is the top pooch but Space-O-Forum, in keeping with the idea that the utopias that wrere the societies envisioned in th e "space shows" of the 1950's and particularly Space Patrol, has, by virtue of linkage, a kit that does things and leeads to things of interest and use. Particularly relevent to these civilizations was math and science. The implicit and sometimes stated basis of this was Reason. Given that, Space-O-Forum could also lay claim to being the smartest forum in the world, at least in terms of problem-solving and acquisition of data with which to do things which makes it the dynamically smartest forum in the world

Now, what would happen if I took the "toolkit" that is at Space-O-Forum and put it hear as well? I had a link to the download page for this in Productivity. That was before I set up Space-O-Forum. Having a link to the item itself kind of makes that obsolete and this leads to a download page. If one of the mods or Web God wants to put one here, that's doable

So, I took the smartest forum content-wise and "kit-based" or "frankenstein"ed it with the dynamically smartest forum in the world

http://www.console.spacepatrol.us/001forumstart.html

This is what I use as my Fx homepage. It all started in the hunt for something as good as but more readable to me than the Windows calculator and then it went on steroids.

I might as well really stack the deck and add the "Portable Space Patrol Academy"

http://spacepatrol.us/forumacad.html

Edited by Space Patroller

To recapitulate, without getting into the specifics. I just mad OO the smartest forum in the world.

Thank you.

There is much to be said for clarity, in both thought and correspondence.

Thank you.

There is much to be said for clarity, in both thought and correspondence.

I'm hoping that tool kit contains spellcheck. There's also something to be said for correct spelling and grammer. Ironic that such a claim about "the smartest forum in the world" was so poorly written!

Edited by spaceplayer

I'm hoping that tool kit contains spellcheck. There's also something to be said for correct spelling and grammer. Ironic that such a claim about "the smartest forum in the world" was so poorly written!

Hey; I said it was the smartest FORUM, not the smartest post, right? I put that somewhere else.

I thought I put that damn Kryptonite back in the lead box.

Hey; I said it was the smartest FORUM, not the smartest post, right? I put that somewhere else.

I thought I put that damn Kryptonite back in the lead box.

Heheh. It reminds me of a situation years ago while working for a carpet installer who likened himself to being "the smartest man in the world." He used to ride me for being stupid (I was inexperienced and not mechanically inclined). One day, while spreading glue for tile, he announced that "the smartest man in the room just put his hand in the glue." Truth is, he WAS smart, and damn good at his job...and let everyone know about it, if you know what I mean...

We all have our kryptonite...keeps us on guard against hubris...

Yep. Hey, SP, slow down your keyboarding a hair. Or use Apple Safari, like I do. It automatically highlights spelling errors.

So does firefox

So does firefox

From the previous post: I have Safari but I can't find the equvalent of Intenet Options/Firefox Options to locate a "colors" option and turn it into a hi-vis dispalay and if I use the relevant control panel or Accessibility settings it buggers things up, I use Fx/Tools/Options/colors bg=black, text=white link=green and since visited and hover don't workd, they don't matter. This way, I can flip in and out of hi-vis mode with no problems. There's also a way to use this color scheme to create "invisible ink", which I explain in the console documentation, for keeping moderately sensitive material on a sub page in a customized version (for which I provide the instruction and material) and my notes on Accessibiity shows my own console, which has been customized, in two views, normal and hi-vis

Now, FireFox has a built-in spellcheck that ZIP mentioned earlier and I finally found. That puts a red line under the questionable material. But it's a dark red line and if there's significant light in the room I really can't see it worth a damn and even if the light is low, it's still hard to see. I'd love to be able to mess around with it to get it to yellow.

Which leads into where I was going to go. If you grab your own, you can customize it. I've done that and added a sub-console with room for another dozen categories. This means that we could start a brisk trade in functional pages like FireFox does in extensions and add-ons. I wonder where we could put them. All you would have to do is make the page and associated files, zip them up and put them somewhere. I put mine in the service department

Well, as long as we're being spelling and grammar Nazis...

Hi, Wrath. Normally, I'm NOT a spelling/grammar Nazi, but considering the context of the original post, I thought it was warranted. (And it was more a like ribbing than a gutting.) I'm more of an anti-hubris Nazi, anyway. :)

Hi, Wrath. Normally, I'm NOT a spelling/grammar Nazi, but considering the context of the original post, I thought it was warranted. (And it was more a like ribbing than a gutting.) I'm more of an anti-hubris Nazi, anyway. :)

I'm an anti-nazi nazi :)

Ziss is Mayor Hochstetter of ze Dusseldorf Gestapo. Ze Fuhrer says zat you are to stop being Nazis. Now you vouldn't want to disobey ze Fuhrer, vould you?

By ze way, Hogan, ze spellCzech is yumping all over me. You vouldn't happen to know anyzing about zat, vould you? I zink I vill have to put it under arrest.