Objectivism Online Forum

Is this forum alive? How alive is it?

Rate this topic

Hey everybody, my name is ian, it is my pleasure to introduce myself.

I am sixteen, live in the Cleveland area, and attend a well-known local preparatory school. I read The Fountainhead last year and am in the midst of Atlas Shrugged. I've done research into objectivist thought online and have decided to join this forum to see just how solid objectivist thought is. I agree with it so far, but I don't want to be hasty to jump headlong into a belief system I don't fully understand... its a philosophy, not a religion.

I enjoy listening to jazz (especially 70s fusion), playing trombone, playing games online, talking to friends, my girlfriend, and drawing in my free time.

What goes on in this forum? Good conversation i hope?

Ian B)

Welcome to the board, Ian. It sounds like you are approaching your interest in Objectivism in a mature way (wanting to research it and not jump in headlong as though it were a religion). Of course, as I've told many new members of this forum, the most important source of information on Objectivism that you should research extensively before reaching a final judgment about it is the published work of Ayn Rand. While it is good to supplement your own reading of Objectivism with discussions on message boards such as this, no matter what you think of this board I hope that you will continue reading those works.

But concerning your question as to what goes on in this forum, look around and see for yourself! B)